16 GB RAM is quite a bit of memory and may get quite costly. However, many people wonder: will it seem sensible to equip your pc with 16 GB of RAM? We explain when it seems reasonable and when not.
16 GB RAM – What do you need the memory for?
It was once stated, “You cannot have sufficient RAM!” Nowadays, excessive RAM does not hurt, but whether 16GB of RAM is sensible depends upon what you are making use of your PC for. Here you can observe just how much memory you’ll need :
- Nowadays, 8 GB of RAM is standard for computers.
- 4 GB of RAM is sufficient for office Computers. However, new computers ought to be bought with 8 GB of RAM as standard.
- For those who have Home windows 10 or from time to time play games and edit pictures, for instance, you need to use 8 GB.
- Should you edit videos, do 3D rendering or use virtual machines, it is simple to install 16 GB.
- This applies if you wish to play AAA games on high settings.
What are the benefits of 16GB RAM?
- The greater RAM there’s, the bigger and greater resolution the videos and pictures which are temporarily loaded into the memory could be.
- Even individuals who install an SSD hard disk within their computer will benefit from more RAM: Inside a comparison test with SSDs, the colleagues from Tomshardware.de discovered that the number of writing processes with 16 GB fell considerably – with individual programs, for example, Microsoft Visual Studio even by as much as 63%.
16GB vs. 8GB RAM for Gaming – What Do You Really Need?
Should you run multiple virtual machines on your computer, 16 GB is sensible. For that “normal” finish user, however, 16 GB of storage isn’t a huge advantage. Within an article on Techspot, the testers compared a Home windows 10 machine with 8 and 16 GB of RAM.
The result was relatively sobering in terms of program and game performance:
- Outdoors world game GTA V ran nearly as fast, whether or not 4, 8, or 16 GB of RAM was installed.
- For example, other recent titles, Batman: Arkham night, have proven similar results.
- Memory-intensive graphics applications and 3D programs only had slightly better rates with 16 GB of RAM.
- The main difference between 4 GB and eight GB RAM was more noticeable: 8 GB RAM consistently gave better values.
Conclusion: 16 GB for gamer PCs and professional users
- For regular users, we advise 8 GB RAM.
- For gaming Computers and professional users, it ought to be a minimum of 16 GB of RAM.
- For those who have money to spare and wish to be future-proof, you can purchase 32 GB of RAM immediately, as hardware needs are continually growing – for both games and applications.