Here you can find the cheapest iPhone, iPad and Mac
Apple lately incorporated iPhones within the so-called “refurbished products” within the webshop the first time; there are also the corresponding iPad used refurbished and Macs for a long time. What is “refurbished” anyway, and how perform the cheap offers rival classic used goods and dealer deals? Our current inventory will disclose it.”Refurbished” generally means overhauled and refurbished used devices that are, obviously, less expensive than buying new goods. However, the word isn’t protected, so every manufacturer and dealer can interpret it differently. This means you need to look cautiously when choosing and browsing the small print. However, the cheapest denominator reaches at least a 1-year guarantee along with a proper functional test.
Refurbished iPhone and Co.: Alternative to new products from Apple
However, Apple places even greater demands on its refurbished products (iPhones, Macs, iPods, etc.) and is the “de facto standard” in the market ( View refurbished products at Apple ). The iPhone manufacturer, with confidence, talks about “new,” and it has reasons for doing this. The following characteristics affect outcomes using the “Apple Refurbished” label:
- Same one-year warranty as new items.
- Function test just like new goods, precisely the same standards are applied.
- Thorough cleaning, if required, prepared with original Apple spares.
- Devices with iOS, i.e., iPhones, customize the battery and new housing.
- Apple-certified refurbished mac small accessories and cables are incorporated.
- As opposed to new goods, they’re offered in neutral white-colored packaging.
- Coming back like new goods using particular deadlines is also possible and accessible.
- If you would like, you can buy extended hardware protection (AppleCare and AppleCare ) from Apple equal to the brand new product, and also the products are qualified with this.
Price Check: Apple Refurbished vs. Used
The question remains: How cheap are these iPhones, iPads, and Macs refurbished by apple factory refurbished in comparison? We took a closer look at the prices and compared them with the costs of new goods from Apple and dealers; other refurbished offers on Amazon and eBay, and purely used goods on eBay. First the pure figures, we examined the prices of an iPhone, iPad, and MacBook (by the way, Apple does not offer a refurbished Apple Watch):
iPhone 12 with 64GB storage (Black):
- New price at Apple: 799 euros
- New retail price: from 656 euros
- Refurbished (Apple): 679 euros
- Refurbished (Amazon dealer): 609.97 euros
- Used (eBay): between 466 and 529 euros
iPad Pro 12.9 inch with 128 GB memory (the model year 2020):
- New cost at Apple: 1,029 euros (formerly, no more available)
- Retail cost new: 929.08 euros
- Refurbished (Apple): 799 euros
- Refurbished (eBay): 829 euros
- Used (eBay): 718 euros
MacBook Air M1 (8-core CPU and 7-core GPU):
- New price at Apple: 1,129 euros
- New retail price: 958 euros
- Refurbished (Apple): 959 euros
- Refurbished (eBay): 880 euros
- Used (eBay): 800 euros
Not surprisingly, Apple’s refurbished prices are, of course, cheaper than the new product in Apple’s store. But usually not much better than the most affordable offers in free trade. However, these can usually only be achieved with smaller and unknown dealers who operate on eBay. Those who prefer to buy directly from the manufacturer are better off with “Apple Refurbished.” Older devices that are no longer available now from Apple can also be much cheaper than refurbished products, so buying them directly from Apple is more worthwhile.
Refurbished retail goods are usually cheaper than “Apple Refurbished,” but as mentioned at the beginning, different quality standards apply here when assessing them. Warranty is included, but we can’t count on “quasi-new” as with Apple. If you buy used goods privately, you will get the best deal and save several hundred euros. However, you then bear the entire risk. If you are unlucky, there is no replacement, and a possible repair will be expensive.In summary, it can be said: With “Apple Refurbished,” you can save money and do it completely risk-free. However, if the devices are still relatively young, you should always compare the prices of new goods before buying them. On the other hand, you have to buy elsewhere if you want to save even more, but you take more significant risks. The following applies: General overhauled dealer offers can at least be sent back, and there is still a guarantee. However, private purchases are not protected and only for the players among the users.