Once WhatsApp storage is complete, you have to start deleting pictures, videos and whole chats. The brand new memory management helps make the whole factor much more effective. Techtogather demonstrates how it works.
When the smartphone’s memory is too full, a lot of videos and photographs will be to blame. Some you’ve made yourself. However, many are available through WhatsApp and fill the memory. Since you do not need these pictures indefinitely and frequently, only look at them once and even perhaps forward them, they must be deleted regularly. Brand new memory management in WhatsApp causes it to be even more straightforward for you.
WhatsApp storage full? Delete old videos and pictures
When space for storing is running low, and lots of videos and photographs in WhatsApp are cluttering your cell phone, there are many selections for making space:
- You can delete the images and videos in your gallery app. To do this, for example, open “ Google Photos ”, switch to the “WhatsApp” folder and delete the files. After that, you have to empty the recycle bin there.
- You can mark and delete individual media files in the chat by tapping on them and then deleting them directly.
- You can empty a whole chat – but then you lose the messages too.
- Or you use memory management and quickly delete many files within a chat.
WhatsApp memory management enables you to delete images, videos and voice messages from WhatsApp in a couple of steps and therefore cleanup, particularly memory-hungry chats. Additionally, you can delete “duplicates” that derive from repeated forwarding. Because if you forward a relevant video or image from the talk to several other WhatsApp participants, the file also seems during these chats and “eats space”. A brand new function draws your focus on such media and lets you delete the collected.
This is how WhatsApp memory management works
This is the way you delete lots of pictures, videos and voice messages on WhatsApp making space again:
- Start WhatsApp and tap on the three dots ( ⁝ ) in the overview to open the menu.
- Now tap “Settings” and the following window on “Storage and Data“.
- After that, choose “Manage Storage“. You can see a list of frequently forwarded data at the top and the chats that occupy the most space below.
- You can tap on the displayed media to control it.
- Long tap on an image or video if you want to tag and delete it.
You don’t have to mark all copies. Tap the trash can at the top and then “Delete all copies” in the security prompt. WhatsApp will then delete all copies of that file at once.
Cleanup the most shared and extensive files first – maybe which will solve your home problem. You’ll be able to use the person chats. It shows just how much space they occupy. You may either delete all of them or sort them and take away the earliest or largest files first. Piece by piece, you reclaim your space for storage.