Forgotten by Apple: These 8 products deserve an update
As the most significant product of all time, iPhone is the most important product. iPhone is given its well-deserved updates every fall. However, other items from the Apple portfolio are waiting to be updated and waiting for an update to the cell.
Apple’s forgotten products
We think in the following products, Apple would have to step up again.
- iPod touch: Apple still sells iPods? Oh yes, as the last model, the iPod touch ekes out an absolute niche existence. It’s no wonder that the multimedia player last was updated in the spring of 2019. The player isn’t modern anymore…chip display design all seem so outdated. Or, Apple is constant and has buried the iPod touch and consequently the iPod itself forever or, they will release an updated successor that has an all-format display and the most recent chip. However, we’ll have to have to wait for this.
- Mac Pro: It’s still a powerhouse, even if it’s already from 2019. But, with the M1 Macs that are more exciting than Intel processors, this could be an outdated iron for many potential buyers. We will likely be offered an upgrade of that Mac Pro in 2022.
- Magic Mouse 2: Let’s leave it aside from that last year, Apple put new colours and a braided USB-C to Lightning cable in the box for the slim mouse. Technically, the thing is almost seven years old. Is this bad? Yes, we do. We need to charge the tiny rodent in its stomach. We also are not able to utilize the mouse in charge. This has to be fixed earlier rather than later.
- Apple Pencil 2: It’s already in its fourth year, but the second-generation Apple Pencil doesn’t yet have a successor. Does it need it? Well, at least we would like more colours or at least a black variant. Suitable for the current iPad design. Honestly, Apple, you could have fulfilled our wish long ago.
- Mac mini: Let’s see, the tiny Mac gave the M1 chip some time ago, so what’s it doing on the list? Particularly, its “high-end” version “high-end version” with an Intel chip available from October 2018. At the end of the day, “high end” is only the highest amount of RAM 64GB is available upon request; the Mac mini equipped with M1 has 16GB. The successor that comes with M1 Pro or M1 Max is expected to be released next year and will be able to work using more RAM.
- AirPods Pro: Unchanged in the program since October 2019, although Apple now includes a charging case with MagSafe support. But technically, nothing has changed. This is not bad because the AirPods Pro is still very popular. Nevertheless, the successors should come in 2022. If what you hear is true, the AirPods Pro 2 will lose their small stubs, making them even more compact.
Away with the old Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Series 3: There was already the successor with the Apple Watch Series 4; in contrast, Apple is still keeping the vintage smartwatch in the program. But you can no longer recommend them with a clear conscience. Nevertheless, we wish for a “successor” in the current price range. Our suggestion to Apple: finally throw out the Apple Watch Series 3 and replace it with a second-generation Apple Watch SE in the future, slightly more expensive than the three series but cheaper than the current Apple Watch SE.
- iMac 27 inch: Although the large iMac was updated in August 2020, it was still only based on Intel. Yet everyone is waiting for an iMac with a large screen and an Apple chip. The wish could come true in late summer, when a reincarnation of the iMac Pro is due, logically with Apple’s M1 Pro or M1 Max.